How it works
A woman takes one pill everyday at the same time to prevent pregnancy
- ECPs help to prevent pregnancy when taken up to 5 days after unprotected sex.
- Do not disrupt an existing pregnancy.
- Safe for all women.
- Provide an opportunity for women to start using an on-going family planning method.
- Help to prevent pregnancy when taken up to 5 days after unprotected sex.
- Take any missed pill as soon as possible.
- Can be given to women at any time to start later.
- Add to the contraceptive effect of breast feeding together they provide effective pregnancy protection.