How it works
A woman takes one pill everyday at the same time to prevent pregnancy
- Some pills have 2 hormones and others have one hormone.
- Safe for breast feeding women, progestin only pills do not affect milk production.
- Take one pill everyday
- No breaks between packs.
- Bleeding changes are common but not harmful.
- Take any missed pill as soon as possible.
- Can be given to women at any time to start later.
- Add to the contraceptive effect of breast feeding together they provide effective pregnancy protection.